Thursday, August 04, 2005

Call the guy, make a golf date...

My agent calls yesterday. No news on the next pitch meeting, but there is this guy, a movie producer, apparently, who is looking for someone to play golf with. "Give the guy a call, make a date to play golf," says the agent. It's funny to consider how this works. Are there a number of writers competing for this golf date or do I have an exclusive deal here? Maybe I should have asked that upfront before I made the call, which was, by the way, suitably awkward. Producer's assistant answers, takes my name, puts me on hold for a moment, then comes back to say producer is away from his desk. Voicemail? Certainly. "Umm...Hi Z, I'm X, I'm Y's friend, the golfer? And I guess I'm supposed to call you to make a golf date, but really the idea is just to seduce you with my golf game into listening to and then giving me scads of money for, one or more of the movie ideas I have filed away? What do you think? Is Wednesday good?"

I haven't heard back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home